If you saw my Instagram post, you’ve heard that I’ve decided to make 19 the year I start taking steps to making my blogging dreams a reality. While the majority of my goals for my 19th year are blogging related, I’ve got a handful of other things I’d like to accomplish. I complied a quick list of 19 things I want to do in my last year of being a teenager and to commemorate the occasion, did what any other fashion blogger would do and got some crazy gold balloons, put on one of my current favorite outfits, and strutted down the streets of NYC. Enjoy!
- Take more fashion risks- Girl you’ve got a cheetah print coat you barely wear, own it!!
- Get more involved on campus
- Blog weekly
- Find a workout routine and stick to it- Future roomies I’m recruiting you for help on this one!!
- Have more girls nights and girls weekends
- Work on overcoming my shyness- even if it’s just raising my hand more in class.
- Stop being afraid to wear color
- Avoid chain restaurants as much as possible- there’s so many more places to try in Chicago
- Become more social media savvy
- Land a summer internship in NYC
- Have the world’s cutest apartment- recruiting you for help again Allison, Cami, and Kelsey!
- Explore more neighborhoods of Chicago
- Grow XO, Kate Day’s following
- Try new, healthier foods- I’ve been getting better about not ordering chicken tenders when I go out to eat but now it’s time to start ordering some greens
- Up my confidence- aka release my inner Leo from time to time
- Find statement jewelry pieces
- Find a skincare routine that works
- Fall in love with running again- this one is long overdue
- Make 19 the year of finding and doing what I love and sharing it on XO, Kate Day
And there are my 19 goals for my 19th year! Stick around to see how I accomplish them.
PS: posing with giant balloons on a windy day on a decently crowded city street is a lot harder than it looks. A special shout out to my mom for being the best momager/photographer/traffic director a girl could ask for and to my Aunt Mare for somehow getting those crazy balloons to not be upside-down and backwards in every picture!